? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 868 Total Grabs. ??????
Get the Code?? ?? ?????Fire Flames? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.7 (3 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 1394 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ???????Sci Fi? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.8 (5 Ratings CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Day at the Beach With Mommy


I loaded up the beach cart this morning, intending to get us to the beach before it got too hot. Good intentions and all that jazz......it took me over an hour to get the cart packed and us ready to go.


So after I got us all packed up, we set off for the beach. Ainsley was wearing her new toddler harness AKA "baby leash" so that she could walk like a big girl and I didn't have to be concerned about her pulling out of my hand and running into traffic. Anyone that knows me should know that I am not a huge fan of these things. I really had a very hard time buying it and putting it on her. But once I saw the smile on her face when she was wearing her pink puppy on her back, all of my issues with it seemed to go right out the window. She LOVES that thing. Not that her loving it means I am going to use it all the time. I'll be okay with using it in large crowds where having the stroller is not a good thing. I may even take it to the mall so that if she gets tired of being in the stroller, she can walk. We shall see.


Ainsley walked about halfway to the beach and then she was ready for me to hold her. So I carried all 27ish pounds of her and managed to push out huge monster beach cart that was loaded down with toys, snacks, drinks, sunblock, towels, a blanket. out umbrella, and 2 chairs. I am sure that I looked like I was moving to the beach permanently. I was like a pack animal.


We got to the beach and I started to get us set up to enjoy it. I started out by re-applying our sunblock, just to be on the safe side of things. Then I laid down the blanket and anchored it on either side with our chairs. Then I pretended that I was a javelin thrower and launched the umbrella spike deeply into the sand. Opened the umbrella. Set out all of Ainsley's toys and then turned around ans looked at the water. The dang tide was moving in on us! Guess I should have checked to see if it was high or low before we set out.......Since I had set us down so close to the water, we were in the line of high tide. And it was coming in fast. So, I set about dragging us back about 20 feet or so, well out of reach of the water. While I am doing this, Ainsley is trying to run out to the water and chasing the sea gulls. I am yelling at her (to be heard over the wind) over my shoulder, "Get back here and leave the birds alone. get away from the water. You can't go to the water without Mommy!" Her response was, "Ducks, Mama! Ducks." Did I mention that she thinks all birds are ducks? Yeah........


There were no tide pools today as it was high tide, so Ainsley was content to play in the sand. With every single one of her Little People and Princesses and sand toys. First she out to bury all of her Little People. Then set was happy to fill her bucket with sand from one side of the blanket and carry it to the other side of the blanket, where she dumped it out. By the time we left the beach, there was a giant hole on one side of our blanket and a giant pile of sand on the other. At least it balanced us out some.


At one point, the wind uprooted our umbrella and sent it end over end down the beach, towards this lady that was sunbathing. Her eyes were huge as she prepared herself for the onslaught of the possessed umbrella. Fortunately, I was able to catch it before it damaged her......


We were at the beach for about 2 hours, which is a long time for Ainsley, but she played the whole time. Usually she gets bored after about 30 minutes or so. We had a great time today, the beach was beautiful, the weather was perfect and neither one of us got sun burnt! Which for me is always a good thing, since I am so fair and burn so easily.


Ainsley came home and took a 3 hour nap, which is fine since she was awake this morning at 8:15, meaning she only slept for 9ish hours.........


0 comments: