? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 868 Total Grabs. ??????
Get the Code?? ?? ?????Fire Flames? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.7 (3 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 1394 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ???????Sci Fi? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.8 (5 Ratings CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, March 30, 2009

Misadventures at the Disability Doctor's Office and the New ABC Song

So my mom is in the process of appealing being turned down for Disability. That means that she has to go to doctor's appointments set up by the Disability people. Today was one of those appointments. We drove 35 minutes to get to the office and go inside. I, of course, have Ainsley with me. She is sitting quietly in her stroller, being SO good. The nurse comes out and calls my Mom. Seeing as how her memory is shot, I stand up to go back with her. This nurse looks at me and says, "We do not allow children in this office. You are not welcome to come back here with your mother."

WTF??? I had done nothing and said nothing to this woman, yet she was being nasty for no reason. I sat back down and began the wait.........

2 hours later, the nasty nurse comes out, picks up my purse off the table, sits it on the floor, and then sits down in the chair next to me. She says, " I don't know what your problem is. You had an attitude when you came in here today. Why are you so angry?"

My response was, "How much longer is my mom going to be?"

"We do a full examination here and that takes about 2 hours. You were told this when we called last week to confirm the appointment." ( I was NOT told this when they called. The lady told me that it would take 30-45 minutes.)

She then goes on to tell me, "I was going to tell you a few things about your mom's exam, but with your attitude, I am choosing to tell you nothing." (Again, I had done and said NOTHING to this woman.)

She got up and walked over to the door that led back into the office, but they keep it locked from the lobby side. This pissed her off, so she proceeded to KICK the door very hard and loud. Very PROFESSIONAL behaviour. I'm not really sure what I did to deserve to be treated the way I was and if there was someone I could report her to, I would. But I don't think the Disability people really care that much.

I'm still not sure how the appointment went, other than my mom's right leg is 1 inch shorter than her left, her Coumadin and Thyroid levels are perfect, and there was no eye sight reading for her right eye as she could not see the chart at all with it. My mom couldn't tell me anything else.......

She has another appointment tomorrow morning at 11 am. This one is a mental exam. We shall see how that one goes.

On a brighter note, Ainsley has decided that the ABC song now goes, "A B C D I F P E E E". So please make sure to take note so that you do not embarrass yourself in the future by singing it wrong. Ainsley has SPOKEN.

0 comments: