? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 868 Total Grabs. ??????
Get the Code?? ?? ?????Fire Flames? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.7 (3 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 1394 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ???????Sci Fi? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.8 (5 Ratings CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ainsley is Sick

Poor little Ainsley is sick with a horrible summer cold. It started out of the blue yesterday afternoon around 4:00. She had been feeling fine all day and BOOM! All of a sudden her nose was running, her eyes were watering and she was sneezing up a storm.

I assumed that it was allergies. I put a call in to her doctor to see what I could safely give her. But I couldn't wait to hear back from them, so I went ahead to the drugstore. I conferred with the Pharmacist about what to give her and at what dose (Children's Benadryl and 1/2 tsp). I bought the medicine and went back home.

I walked in the door and found her sound asleep in my friend Kristin's lap. She was burning up! I check ed her temp and it was almost 102. I knew then that this was not allergies, but a cold. The same thing that kept making her so sick and suffer from double ear infections for the first 4 months of the year.

I gave her some Motrin and some Triamenic and got her to sleep, though that was short lived. She was very restless through the night and finally woke up about 11:30 or so and wouldn't go back to sleep on her own. It was time for more medicine anyway, so I brought her out to the living room and gave her some Tylenol. Her fever was still around 101.

I got her back to sleep and took her into bed with me, where she slept through the night, all be it restlessly.

She woke up this morning running a fever of 102. The snot pouring out of her nose had turned from clear to yellow overnight and she sounded like it was trying to settle in her chest.

Poor baby walked around all day saying, "Nose. Nose." when she wanted her nose wiped. Her eyes are all puffy and red and watery. Her nose is getting sore from wiping it so much.

But the good news is this......I have been constantly checking her ears with the Ear Check monitor that checks for fluid in the ear canal, and there is none to be found yet. Hopefully it stays that way and she doesn't need antibiotics.

Her fever hovered all day between 101 and 102. The Tylenol and Motrin were not bringing it down, but they were helping to keep it from going higher. At least until late this afternoon. It got up to between 102 and 103 for a while.

She's sleeping pretty soundly right now. I can hear her breathing, which is a little raspy and congested sounding, but otherwise pretty good. We did put a pillow under the head of her mattress so that it is slightly elevated, so maybe that is helping.

I do know that if her fever is still above 101 tomorrow, I am going to call the doctor and see if he wants me to bring her in. Keep your fingers crossed.

0 comments: