? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 868 Total Grabs. ??????
Get the Code?? ?? ?????Fire Flames? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.7 (3 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 1394 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ???????Sci Fi? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.8 (5 Ratings CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Not Broken After All........

I went to see my regular doctor yesterday for the follow up on my knee. She was very concerned that my leg had been straight and immobilized for almost a week. My leg and foot were very swollen. This led her to believe that I may have a blood clot due to having been immobilized for so long.
She sent me right over to the ER. I called Steven and he met me there. My doctor had called ahead and told them that I was coming, that she suspected a blood clot and what all she wanted done when I got there. I have never been taken straight back at the ER without having to wait. That scared me a little bit.
I had barely gotten my fashionable hospital gown on when the x-ray tech came by with her portable machine. She took a bunch of x-rays and while she was doing that the ultrasound tech came by to get me for an ultrasound of the deep veins in my leg, since that is where clots hide. So within 30 minutes of getting there, I had had x-rays and been taken for an ultrasound.
I was taken back to my room and then we waited. About 45 minutes or so later, the doctor came in and said that from the films that had been taken of my knee, the radiologist couldn't find a break. So she was ordering some other views of my knee to be taken to try and find the fracture.
5 minutes later, the x-ray tech was back to expose me to another round of radiation. These x-rays HURT and the way they were done was odd. The doctor came back about 30 minutes later with the news that my new WAS NOT BROKEN AT ALL AND HAD NOT BEEN BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in an immobilizer and on crutches all week for NOTHING!!!! I pinched nerves in my arms with the crutches for NOTHING!!!!! The swelling in my leg and foot was from the immobilizer, which did put me at risk for a blood clot.
I am so relieved that my knee is not broken and that there was no blood clot. But I am very upset that I was in misery all week for a SPRAINED KNEE!!!! There was never any reason for crutches, just an Ace bandage and ice.
When I got out of the car at home, Ainsley came out to the garage to greet me. She grinned ear to ear and said, "Mommy knee all bedda". And I was finally able to pick up my baby girl for the first time in DAYS. It was good to be home........

0 comments: