? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 868 Total Grabs. ??????
Get the Code?? ?? ?????Fire Flames? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.7 (3 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 1394 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ???????Sci Fi? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.8 (5 Ratings CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Kiddo Eats Shells and Swims in the Toilet


Where to even begin to explain the title of this post........


I took Ainsley to the beach this afternoon. Her normal routine, before getting in the water, is to eat a few small handfuls of sand. It's icky, but her doctor says it can't and won't hurt her, so I pick my battles. It's not worth fighting her over.


Today, she sat down next to my chair and stuck a handful of sand in her mouth. Chomping and crunching away, she looks at me and says, "Mmmmm, good Mama." I could only shake my head.
Then she decided to go play in the tide pool. Well, once she got to the water, she discovered there are the shoreline, tiny little bitty shells. What does she do? reaches down and grabs a handful and yep, you guessed it......ate them. Stuck them in her mouth and chewed them up and swallowed them. What did she then turn to me and say??? "Mmmm, Mama. Yum yum!"
My kiddo has got to be part goat. Has to be. There's really no other explanation for it........
Then, later tonight.......we had not been home from Steven's Mom's house for too long. She was sound asleep in the car, woke up when we brought her in and fought going back to sleep due to the thunder. So, we let her come out and play for a while. I was sitting here at the computer, checking email and she decided to follow Steven into the bedroom. From the computer I can see the door to the hallway. It was half open. I hear our bedroom door open, then I see her open the hall door and peek out at me. She says, "Hey Mama." and shuts the door halfway. Then I hear our bedroom door open and shut. I figured she was just going back in with Steven. I figured wrong......
A few minutes pass and I hear something that sounds like something being drug across the floor in the hall bathroom. I knew that my mom was still in her room as her door squeaks and I would have heard her come out. So I get up and start to walk toward the hall door. As I am walking, I hear a little whimper. It turns into a big cry. My mom opens her door, looks into the bathroom and yells, "Oh my God, Ainsley!" This sends me tearing butt down the hall to see what is wrong. By now my girl is all worked up and to the point of slight hysterics. I walk into the bathroom to my mom holding Ainsley, her little feet dripping water onto the floor rug.
She reaches out to me as my mom says, "She was standing in the toilet!" WHAT???? Apparently, Ainsley had snuck into the bathroom to try and climb up on top of the toilet to reach her bathtub crayons, which were on the window sill above the toilet. Well, the seat was up and it was dark, so she landed IN the toilet. She must have realized she was not going to be able to reach them that way and reached over to grab the trashcan for leverage to climb out. It slid away from her and I think that is what scared her. I think. But then, she could have been screaming because she was standing in the toilet......who knows with this kiddo?

0 comments: